FoundationDB 5.2.5 ReleasedPublished June 26, 2018
FoundationDB 5.2.5 has officially been released! This patch release is the part of the 5.2 series, and underwent significant testing. We’re pleased to now make it available on our website.
The latest FoundationDB release can be downloaded and installed as binaries from GitHub (available for macOS, Windows, Linux), or as source from our GitHub repository. If you're already running FDB, also see our upgrade instructions.
Community feedback and contributions are welcome! The FoundationDB forums have both user and development sections, and if you’d like to contribute back to the project please see our contributors guide.
5.2.5 release highlights
Several changes stand out within this release, including:
- A TLS plugin implementation has been merged into the master branch. (PR #343)
- Improved backup task prioritization. (PR #71)
- Backup and DR share a single mutation log when both are being used on the same cluster. Ongoing backups will be aborted when upgrading to 5.2. (PR #3)
- Added the APPEND_IF_FITS atomic operation. (PR #22)
- Added status metrics for read bytes per second and read keys per second. (PR #303)
A full list of features, fixes, and other changes are documented within our release notes.